Support Us in Sharing Knowledge by and about Deaf People with the World
At Gallaudet University Press, we believe that sharing knowledge by and about deaf and hard of hearing people not only increases awareness and recognition of deaf communities and signed languages, but also contributes to a deeper understanding of humanity and the world in which we live.
As the only nonprofit academic press dedicated to this mission, we seek the support of generous donors like you so that we may continue to publish groundbreaking scholarship and cultural works that enrich the communities we serve and enlighten new audiences.
Why Donate to Gallaudet University Press?
Our books make important contributions, but many cannot recover their costs through sales alone. Your donation will make a significant impact on our ability to fund projects that:
- Document deaf lives and deaf communities, representing important cultural significance;
- Inform and advance cutting-edge scholarship in nascent, specialized fields; and
- Include signed language video content, which is a vital component of serving our audience and advancing our mission.
How to Donate
Click here to make a tax-deductible donation using your credit card. Any amount is welcome and greatly appreciated.
Other Ways to Support Gallaudet University Press
We understand that not everyone can make a financial donation. Below are some other ways you can support our work:
- Buy our books directly from us at our website. By doing so, you help us to earn more revenue per sale, which we reinvest back into our work. Stay up-to-date on our latest promotions by following us on social media or subscribing to our newsletter. You can enjoy promotional discounts throughout the year, and even when you buy from us at a discount, we still benefit.
- Adopt Gallaudet University Press books for your courses. If you are an instructor, click here to discover course resources.
- Share our work with your friends and networks. Did you know that personal recommendations are one of the most effective ways to get people to pay attention? Retweet a new book announcement, post a review on Amazon, or mention GU Press to a colleague.
Your support matters! Thank you for considering these suggestions to keep our publishing program thriving and making a difference in the world.