Will my book be peer reviewed?
Yes. All books that carry the Press imprint will be sent out to qualified readers who will assess the work’s merit and potential impact.
Will my book be professionally edited?
Yes. All books we publish are both copyedited and proofread.
How do I order copies of my book?
Authors and volume editors receive a 40% discount on their book, and contributors to edited volumes receive a 20% discount. We can set up a promo code that allows you to order your book online at your convenience. Please contact Valencia Simmons at email@example.com to receive your promo code.
How will GU Press promote my book?
GU Press engages in the following marketing activities:
- Seasonal book catalog that features all new and recently released titles, as well as select backlist titles
- Our homepage at gupress.gallaudet.edu features all new and recently released titles
- New book announcements in our newsletter and on social media
- Review copy mailing to journals and other relevant publications/media
- Promotion at conferences and events via flyers, display copies, or copies for sale
- Seasonal site-wide sales
- Ads in the journals American Annals of the Deaf and Sign Language Studies
- Free exam copies for course consideration
- Title metadata distribution to all major online retailers and library platforms to optimize discoverability.
We are available to work with you on targeted outreach and any other promotional opportunities that arise.
How can I get sales figures?
You will be mailed a royalty statement twice a year, typically in May and November. The statement will show how many copies of the book have sold in all formats.
Will my book be available as an ebook?
All new books are released in ebook format simultaneously with the print format.
Can my book be open access?
We can make your book available open access, but we do require outside funding to do so. If you have access to funding, please make that clear when submitting your proposal.
Have another question or need clarification? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.